Software Craftsman, Clean Coder, Senior Developer, Photographer and Cyclist << Personal Blog
This is is 8th instance of my website since 1994, which – as its precessors- contains an “About” section that provides some brief information about myself. Starting from a fancy, more or less mature version in Version v1, each successor increased its focus on my profession and skill level – mainly because I doubted that my electronics experiments and telecommunication hacks in the 80s and 90s might be of interest for anybody.
A few years later, I think that this is a too much binary point of view, so I will attempt to go a little backwards.
Picturing a boy who:
- Grew up in the 80s in the Aachen region.
- Loved to scavenge electronic parts from scrapped TV sets to build FM transmitters and knock out the “old peoples music” radio station.
- Knows how to ride steel-framed bikes without suspension forks and just one gear.
- Has a smile on his face when somebody says “Press Play on Tape” , “Guru Meditation” , “sys 64738” , “IDDQD”, “ARMN”, “I sell those fancy leather jackets”, “640k”, “Zu diesem Anschluß * kann zur Zeit keine Funkverbindung hergestellt werden”, “Scumm-Bar”, “ATX3DT”, “Godlike!” or even “Hurra, wir fliegen!”
- Used a more or less mobile phone in the german C-Tel network and actually listened to real radio noise (for those who like german: look up the word “Komfortrauschen”) during a phonecall.
- Joined a goodbye party for the mobile network mentioned above in the early 2000s.
- Knew what happened after emitting a 12-impulse on an analogue fixed telephone line when a 16kHz unit counter was attached – and used it as a prank frequently.
- Was collecting pagers and SIM cards of GSM networks which ceased to exist, such as Quam or Libertel.
- Possessed a record player which actually had two speeds and no pitch slider and no “I can afford it” red dot on the cartridge… …and tuned the device by adding a homebrew pitch slider when he was 10
…one might have a partial impression of me as a child.
I was working as a Lead Software Engineer, Architect and Project Manager in a mid-sized software company (now a part of Kistler Instrumente AG) in Aachen, which is focusing on industrial information technology, buzzworded Industry 4.0 and Internet of Things. My daily work includes all the tasks from Consulting, Requirements Engineering, Architecture Design and Review, Implementation, Testing and Project Management.
After that, I advanced to devolo in Aachen for a great time with the SmartHome and Operator Solutions team - right now I am working for a very cool company named codecentric in Solingen, a place most people will know because of the craftsmanship with regards to knives.
During my previous employments I was working in the digital audio and broadcasting, aswell in the textile and mobile communication industry. I am holding a degree in Computer Science and Electronics, when I am “away from keyboard” I enjoy cycling, martial arts, traveling, music and photography.